Wednesday, 25 July 2012

I spent last night with Layla and Luke. I took them out for dinner and then we hung out at home. I spent more time catching up on packing and cleaning though, rather than with them but lately I have to keep busy because I'm really not coping as well as I would like to.
It's 6am in the morning and I've woken and not been able to get back to sleep. The kids are on either side of me in bed and snoring. All I can think about is Jayden and I'm so very worried. The infectious control doctor came to see us yesterday and told us jayden would have to be given IV antibiotics until Sunday. That means he has to be in hospital until then and we are meant to fly out on Monday. Although I'm not sure of that either anymore as I just read a post on the help jayden stone page about a typhoon in HongKong that is holding up passengers in the airport there. Scarey.

Jaydens not himself. Ever since he woke from his procedure he has been crying a lot and not himself. He didn't get excited when the kids came to see him yesterday and he's hardly said much at all. He seems really sad, and who could blame him.

I lay here now and still can't beleive we are going through this. I'm still shocked that an innocent child can be struck by such an awful disease. I know I'm not alone and that's shocking too. It's not until you enter this world of childhood cancer that you realise how many mums are watching their child go through the same thing. It's devastating.
Words will never be able to describe this nightmare...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

  1. The typhoon has left HK now. They rarely last longer than 12 hours so by next week it will be long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to you Leisl, and praying for Jayden to stay strong. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there sis, you will be home soon :)Kisses to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there leisl, I think and pray for Jayden every night I too have my baby with cancer(only given least then 10% survival rate and is now in remission) so I know what you are going through. I hope that you get back to perth soon and get back to ur "normal" life, You are a very brave women and Jayden will pull through.His got your spirit his a fighter. much love and prayers to you, youe family and your beautiful boy.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( like you I don't want to be the depressing comment, but I want to be the acknowledging one. It is shit when you guys get divided up, it is shit that he has this infection and that means he will be in hospital instead off enjoying some parts of his last couple of days of this trip to Chicago, it's crap that at the moment there is no escape from how physically and emotionally exhausting this all is day after day, it is really, really shit that he is feeling sad and that you can't do anything about it it seems. I am sorry that this is where you are at, or at least where you were at earlier. But what can you do other than what you are doing which is your best and your best is pretty ****** good if you ask me. Keep rolling with the punches Leisl and keep your sweet chin up. I hope he has turned the corner by the time you got to see him. In my thoughts as always. Love to you all. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leisl, all my love, hugs and prayers for you and your family. Give a special hug to little Jayden, I love him so much. I wish I could give him a hug myself. God Bless You and Yours Always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Jayden perks up and beats that infection soon. So hard going Leisl...as always thinking of you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was once told "hold fast to your dreams, for if they die, life is a broken winged bird that can not fly". Jayden has already shown what a brave and determined little fighter he is, why shouldn't he be one of the lucky ones to build the statistics up. All of Perth (and I'm sure thousands of others around the world) and praying for him also.

    And maybe for now, it's the small things. With his broviac out, is there anyway possible, with a waterproof plaster or something, that he'd be able to have one of those much loved and longed for deep, splashy baths with Luke? Hoping that maybe that one small good thing may at least come from this damned setback. (other than just delaying your return to our zero degree nights here in Freo)

    ReplyDelete