Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Losing his hair


We started the day at 5am with Jayden waking sprightly and happy as always. I truly have no idea how he does it but it always makes me smile.
He has this infectious smile and laugh that no matter how crap I'm feeling it warms my soul and makes me smile.




Raining outside and kids are off to school. I'm so happy to be cuddling my little man at home, something I use to take for granted. A smooch, a walk holding his hand, playing Lego with him, The list goes on. Now I'm getting to do these things with him and at home. It's going to be really hard to take him back to Hospital again next week to have those things taken away again.

I noticed today he's starting to lose his hair. As I brushed my hand over his little head a bunch of hair flicked out with it. That's going to be hard, to see him bald, as if the tube in his nose isn't enough to remind me of his condition. A very big part of me was hoping he would keep his hair. I don't know why I guess if he kept his hair it would seem not so bad, not sure if that makes any sense??

He's off with dad to play around with his car as boys do, I'm so glad he gets to spend that time with him.

We are off to hospital again tomorrow for his blood counts, thought it was Thursday but found out today it's tomorrow.
hoping all is ok.


3 comments:

  1. Love those precious little moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say thank you for sharing your story - I can not imagine, not for one minute, thievery you and your family are going through, but am sending you lots of love from our family to yours.

    I have a daughter a little bit younger than Jayden - and after reading Jayden's story I hold her just that little bit tighter, and soak in the everyday memories.

    I also work opposite PMH and see families heading to hospital - and you've really put a story to all the faces that I see - I wish you all the very best

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you obviously don't know me but I just wanted to say I've sat here reading every post you've written over the past couple of hours .. in tears for you and your family. My heart and prayers go out to you all and especially Jayden. I pray that god can grant him the one wish you all have in your hearts. Thank you for sharing your's and Jayden's journey with us .. I hope that the final post one day will be that Jayden is happy and cured and running & playing with his siblings and no longer has a care in the world ♥

    ReplyDelete