Tuesday, 7 August 2012

My brave little man

My brave little man soldiered on through yesterday, just as he always has. He seemed in a lot more pain this time round though and required pain relief. I don't know if it was because of a different surgeon or the new placement of the broviac which is now to the side rather than the middle. He didn't have the best night sleep last night because of it but we rarely ever do in hospital anyway. He was up mega early again and very tired by early morning. He's wound seems to still be seeping blood which has never happened before but when I asked about it they just said it was post op stuff.
We are home for the night tonight and back in tomorrow afternoon to get 24 hours of fluids before chemo starts. His wound is still seeping and am worried, but will keep checking through the night.

Not looking forward to going back at all.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Thankyou for sharing Jaydens journey with us. I have fallen in love with your little man. Good luck with mega therapy. Big hugs Jayden. I pray for you every night x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little fellow he is. I think of him every single day and wish I could cuddle all the pain away. Good luck with this part of your journey little man, you're a true fighter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking and worrying about Jayden all day today, hoping everything went okay. Was so relieved to see your blog :) I don't know how you do it Liesel. Your bravery inspires me and Jayden is so gorgeous. Will be sending you lots of prayers in the coming weeks and months. All the best for the chemo...I have been following every blog and on FB too. Don't forget to take some time for you too, because Jayden needs his mum so much. Hugs for your beautiful little man. Love Justine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart breaks looking at this photo of your precious boy, words cant describe how sad i feel for you, the pain you must be going through. When my daughter was 18 months old, she was admitted to pmh with pneumonia and put on the iv drip, to me, that was the worst time of my life as a parent, i cant imagine what you and your family must be going through.
    I hope this chemo does its job and you will be free from this nightmare forever. Stay strong, all of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over here in Virginia Beach following your journey with every post. I have been there with my son at age 2, and all I can say is to love each other through it. We stayed ready for the hospital visits, always packed. We tried to eliminate as many germs and germy people as possible. Sometimes people say take it a day at a time, and sometimes you take it a minute at a time if you need too. Praying for Jayden's complete recovery! Praying for you too and your lovely family.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete