Thursday, 8 November 2012

Broviac out!

Im Sitting in the friendship room (parents waiting room for surgery) at PMH, for the volunteers to call our name to let us know we can see Jayden.

I'm so tired as late night and early start but more than that I'm exhausted from this journey. No more than Jayden however. When we woke him this morning to go he wasn't happy. When we arrived he was quiet and compliant but by the time we had seen the anaesthetist and he got the general gist of what was going on, he lost it. Screaming 'I want to go home', 'car mommy'. This went on right up to when we took him into theatre. He was so very scared it was awful. I'm so glad this is not the beginning but the end as none of us are up for this anymore. It's truly exhausting emotionally, crushing to see your child so upset and not being able to stop it.

The surgeon just came out to see us and told us everything went fine and we can see him soon. We still can't have a deep bath or swim for a week, bummer. But a big cuddle without worrying about a line is certainly the first thing I'm going to do when I see him.

My scrumptious little man has been through so much and I'm so glad he will be at home without anything hanging out of him for the first time since before March this year. Yah for that!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! Wonderful news. Hope you have an amazing first swim together!
    Hugs,
    Erica, Gavin's Mum

    ReplyDelete