Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Edited blog entry

I write in this blog for many reasons. In the beginning it was to let close friends and family know about what was happening with Jayden and I find it an enormously beneficial avenue to vent my feelings. I now know others read it too and thank heavens for them because their messages of encouragement and understanding in the last 8 months has truly helped me get through some of my darkest days. I choose to continue to write in it because of all those reasons and as an important tool to raise awareness to childhood cancer and what its truly like to live with it. I know of a lot of mothers dealing with the very same issues who do the same and it has helped me to read their blogs, as I hope it helps them to read mine, that together we don't have to feel so alone.

I have never intended to hurt or offend people in any way when I am writing my entries and am careful not to include names unless I have asked that person first. Sadly I don't always get that right and was asked to remove my last blog. I didn't remove my feelings about yesterday as they are important to me and very real and something I don't want to dismiss, however I have removed what was asked. I know that even if I didn't think it was offensive but instead how I saw it, doesn't mean it wasn't to someone else, I respect that and am happy to remove what came across that way as that was never my intention.

My entries are never aimed at being about anyone but instead about how I feel and what is going through my mind at the time. When I am able to release them in this blog it helps me immensely. It is never intended to hurt anyone and that is most definitely the trickiest thing about writing this blog. I sometimes get lost in my emotions and don't think carefully enough about how it may be or not be perceived and as a result how it may effect someone else. I will not always get it right and I know that, but if I can fix it, I will, I hope that I have done that in this case.




1 comment:

  1. So many times we think we know someone, we think of them as friends, but in reality, they are nothing but toxic. Life is way too short to waste it on these negative people.
    No one should make you re edit your blog, it goes to show whoever it was, really isnt worth your time. A true friend just wouldnt do that to you. Hope you and your son are having a nice day today :) Lots of love

    ReplyDelete