Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Santa

Jayden had a great night sleep last night and even slept in until 7:30 which is a first. I of course woke up at the usual expected time of 5:30ish and couldn't get back to sleep. I laid there watching him sleep and dosed in and out of sleep. When it got to around seven I found myself worrying that maybe him sleeping so much is a bad sign? Honestly I just can't stop worrying. I had to tell myself to let it go and believe he's sleeping in because he needs it rather than thinking worse case scenario. Difficult to do.

He woke up happy and that set the scene for the whole day. He was in brilliant spirits and played happily all day, not a single cry or whinge. It was Just beautiful to see him loving life.

Santa Claus came to visit us today and the kids were over the moon. Jayden was so happy to see him it was priceless.





He was a beautiful santa, we just loved him, it really made our day. Thank you to our beautiful new friend. We love you.

one of the gifts he left us was a gingerbread tree! I have never bought anything like this before but from now on its definitely going to be a new family tradition.

The kids sat on the kitchen table, mixed up icing sugars and decorated a gingerbread tree with all things sweet. Great fun! And then we ate it for lunch!!! Even better! Everyone was very happy with that.




It was a great day had by all. I even managed to whip out and do a bit of shopping. later we had visitors from down south which was also wonderful.

It's really beginning to feel like Xmas and I'm so so very glad Jayden is feeling well. It means we can all breath a little and enjoy our very special time together.
It shouldn't matter though that its the Christmas season, as everyday is special when we are together. Every hour, every minute, every second.

At one point in the afternoon Jayden was playing happily outside and he called me out to him. He had gathered a small bucket full of wood chips he found in the garden and wanted to show me his findings. He was so pleased with himself. I was so pleased for him and sat with him listening to him talking about his wood chips. I couldn't stop thinking as I was looking at his delighted little face how lucky I am that he is with me right then at that moment with his happy little face. I just wanted to give him the biggest cuddle and kiss him all over his face. Of course I didn't as he was in deep conversation about his wood chips but my goodness I could just eat him up. Scrumptious little man. I'm just so very thankful he's with me.

I know not everyone has their loved ones with them now and not a day goes by that I don't think of them. That this time of the year is also a huge reminder of who we no longer have with us.
It can be an incredibly sad time and I don't know how anybody gets through that. Losing my mother was one thing but a child is very very different. I live with the knowledge of that possibility everyday and I know how much that hurts. My heart goes out to those that no longer have their babies with them this Christmas and how I wish I could take their pain away.

I know how lucky we are, that we are all together. Any day is special because of that, it doesn't have to be Christmas. I will be forever grateful for everyday I have with us all together for I know how fragile life is.

Today was extra special for the kids and to see all their smiles when Santa came was priceless.
If only we stayed in the minds of a child where magical things were real and simple things were the best things in life like 'wood chips'. how much easier life would seem then.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and what a wonderful day for you all with Santa. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures.I have the biggest smile on my face,to see you all together.
    Very special Blessings for you all
    June xxx

    ReplyDelete