Thursday, 30 May 2013

Assessment

We took Jayden to the Telethon speech and hearing centre this morning as he had an appointment to be assessed. He was getting assessed to see where he was at with his speech and comprehension etc. I'm not sure what the official name of it was. He was really wonderful throughout the whole process and really made us proud ( not that we could be any more prouder). He did everything the lovely woman asked of him and he did it really well. She told us at the end of it that he scored equivalent to that of a 3 year and 7 month old! Clever little man. After all he's been through, so proud.

He was really proud of himself as well and after a short play in the playroom there we headed off home.

It's the evening now and my little man has just fallen asleep. There is nothing nicer than laying next to him, snuggled up and hearing and watching him sleep. Love this time.

I had a great day with him today and let the housework get forgotten about, scraps for dinner and piles of washing waiting to be washed. I'm so glad I did nothing and just hung out with my little man until the kids came home from school and then it was a bit mad trying to get organised. But.. Worth it. I certainly feel better for it.

Layla helped me get Jayden ready for bed tonight and he loves it when she's around.



Just loves his sister and she him.




A beautifully happy little man today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment