Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Croup

It's Wednesday morning, early and Jayden's asleep on me. He woke up early as he normally does but has fallen back to sleep which he never does but I know it's because he is still unwell.

I took him to our GP yesterday afternoon and he gave us a prescription for steroids as he has croup. Yesterday morning after a night with high temps he woke up with the signature barking cough of croup. He coped with it well though and after some Panadol he was back to his happy self.

Danny's wonderful mum came over and her and I took the kids to the aquarium. It was a bit adventurous of us when Jayden was unwell and we almost turned around. However I'm so glad we did go as Jayden had a wonderful time and so did Layla and Luke. I have to say it was one of the best days I have had in a while as well.

It wasn't busy so the kids were able to see all the exhibits and touch the fish in the touch pool. They were delighted with that. It truly gave me so much joy to see them so happy and to see Jayden's face light up when he touched one of the fish. Just priceless. It just means so much to see him experience these simple joys. Just the best feeling ever.






He did so well and it wasn't till we were leaving and no doubt when the Panadol was wearing off that he was looking weary and feeling unwell again.

But while we were there he was full of beans and really enjoying himself. That just means so very much, to see him happy.








No comments:

Post a Comment