Sunday, 19 January 2014

I'm so tired but I can't sleep. It's late. I'm tossing and turning in bed. Telling my self to just stop worrying , stop thinking and just sleep. I can't. Instead I cry. I'm scared and all I can feel is fear. I'm so very scared about Thursdays MRI.

It's been a really emotional weekend where I've tried so hard to Keep myself as busy as possible with my daughters birthday party on Saturday and her actual birthday tomorrow. But inside I'm a mess. An emotional wreck. I've been finding it so hard to contain these emotions.

I feel like I can't talk about anything without wanting to cry. The sheer mention of Jayden and I feel the tears coming. I'm just so worried. Really scared. Jayden has been unsteady on his feet a lot lately. He fell twice today. And he's getting this look. It's a similar look to the one he use to have before diagnosis. A sickly look. Pale face, grey under the eyes. Maybe I'm imagining it? I don't know. I hope I am. But I'm going out of my mind with worry and any minuscule change and I'm scared out of my mind. Crazy. Really crazy.

So scared . sleepless nights of sheer terror. Crying. So many tears. I'm lost. I don't know what to do yet I know I can't do anything. I have no control.

I wish sleep would come so I can stop the thoughts. Sleep. Then wake and get busy again in order to keep these emotions at bay. At night on my own with my thoughts....it's a nightmare. I close my eyes and my mind is a mess. Going to places that scare me beyond words. Stirring emotions I can't contain and leaving me crying into my pillow.

I just want to sleep. I wish when I woke it was all a bad dream. A shocking nightmare. And that we could go back to how life was. Before diagnosis. But I know that's not possible.

So I continue to ride this emotional roller coaster that has so many sickening bends, major lows and petrifying unknowns. Some days I manage it, but nights like tonight and the last few days are reminders that I'm not. That it's actually not possible and this is just the way it is.

I hope with all my might we get good news on Thursday and for every MRI Jayden has. Please, please, let that be so.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh God Leisl, horrific, I pray you are exhausted and sleeping tonight. It can't be that babe is unwell . . . your mind is playing tricks! How can I help you breathe; I am taking your hand to hold, I will share your pain. I won't sleep too and will be thinking of you and yours; stay cool babe, one hour at a time. XX Diana

    ReplyDelete