Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Jayden and the kids have settled in so well at where we have moved to. They've befriended the neighbours children and Jayden is now truly in his element. An amazing bunch of awesome kids that Jayden and his siblings now call friends, its so awesome to see. I am so very happy to see them all so happy.
Jayden is particularly fond of the girls and is in his element in their company. They are all older than him but they are all so beautiful and kind to him. I'm so happy we have moved into such an awesome street with wonderful neighbours. We do miss our old neighbours but it's so nice that we have also gained new ones.

Homeschooling is going ok as we begin our second term. The moderator from the education department visits tomorrow and I'm not exactly prepared but I'm confident we are doing ok given the moving of house and being complete novices.

We moved into a house almost half the size of my dads and half the block size but I really love that it's small. No matter where I am in it I know where the kids are and they know where I am. Jayden can play anywhere in the house and I'm still close to him and that's awesome. He seems so much more content and happy as well and I think it's for the same reason as me, We are close all the time. It's also a lot easier to clean, yah for small homes.

Our animals have all settled in ok too. The dogs were a little stressed at first, especially our old blind dog Larry but now he is settled and much happier. Chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs are coping well too and getting use to having the dogs much closer to them now as before they were separated. And they now have plenty of kids giving them lots of attention.

So all in all the move has been good. As stressful as it became at times we always knew it was going to be ok as long as we are all together. And it has been.

There is a very sad part to it all and that is, the prospect of losing our beautiful neighbours. Their homes may be taken from them for the proposed freight link. We are all devastated by this. Firstly I truly can't believe that the government can do that and secondly it will split in two a truly beautiful little community we have all established. Most of these children have grown up together and now that we are a part of it too I really want my children growing up with these beautiful kids too.
The frustrating bit is the feeling of helplessness to do anything. I wish I could stop it but I get the sense that the government has already made a decision on this and it's not going to back down.

the bit that annoys me the most is the politicians whom are making these decisions inability to put themselves in the families shoes that will lose their home. Yes they will be compensated but they lose their beautiful community, and the kids friendships, all of which they have worked hard to establish. You can't compensate for that. If it were one of the politicians homes that were there we all know that this wouldn't be happening. Like everything, if they aren't affected by it directly, it seems they don't really care. Because if they were, things would be very different.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment