Friday, 17 July 2015

The last few post I've written were about my restlessness from sharing Jaydens story with the media on behalf of The Children's Cancer Institute. I worried it wasn't portrayed the way I had hoped and figures were incorrectly stated. I stressed about the headlines, the angle of the story and worried it wasn't giving the children's cancer institute the exposure it deserved. And most of all I worried about jayden.

I got an email today from the children's Cancer Institute that read "by sharing your story so selflessly, you helped us generate $52,827 worth of media coverage (traditional and social) that has reached an audience of 355,108 people!!
This is of course is in addition to the funds raised through the tax appeal, which has raised up to $353,610. "

The tax appeal is on the following link
http://ccia.org.au/home/all-stories/jaydens-


When I read this i was so pleased. It made me feel like it was all worth it. No matter how difficult it felt at times and the vulnerability we felt afterwards after opening ourselves up, I now know it was worth it. This money and awareness will mean a lot to other families who enter this world of childhood cancer and that feels good to have helped that happen. I'm so proud of my little man and my family. They are truly my rock. Love them all so very much.







Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment